Membership gives unlimited free parking at Bedgebury for a year for one of two specified cars. This provides its occupants FREE access to all the facilities at Bedgebury - including the Pinetum, the cycle trails and the children's play area.
In addition the principal member gets FREE entry to Kew Gardens, All RHS gardens (weekdays only) including RHS Wisley, Wakehurst Place, Westonbirt Arboretum, Borde Hill Gardens, The Living Rainforest Birmingham Botanic Gardens, Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh, and Kew at Castle Howard . Other family members* can also get this privilege for an additional £8.00 each.
*Children under 10 are usually allowed to accompany their parents for free in the reciprocal gardens, but we cannot guarantee this.
The full benefits of being a member are listed below:
- Unlimited free parking at Bedgebury for a year for one of two specified cars. This provides its occupants FREE access to all the facilities at Bedgebury - including the Pinetum, the cycle trails and the children's play area. Note the principal member does not have to accompany them.
- Free entry, for the principal member, to the aformentioned botanical gardens.
- Free Friends Journal, which is published twice a year.
- A Free Discovery Pass - giving discounts on a wide range of goods and services including 20% discount from our ice cream vans! Click here to see a complete list of these discounts.
- A opportunity to volunteer, giving you the chance meet other people and gain valuable skills.
By joining the Friends of Bedgebury, you are not only accessing these benefits but helping to conserve and improve one of the world’s leading tree collections, as well as furthering our scientific understanding in general.
Gift Membership is available for a friend or relative at the same price as standard membership (see below).
For all of the above benefits, membership costs just £56.00 (additional members on your membership - so they can visit other botanic gardens with the principal member - increases by £8.00 per additional member).
How to Join
Existing and Previous Members
You can join in person when you next visit Bedgebury, it takes about 2 minutes - we take cash, cheques and credit/debit cards (sorry not Amex). Alternatively you can start your membership immediately by calling 01580 879842, between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. any day of the week. You will need to have your credit/debit card and details of your car registration(s) if they have changed since your membership expired.
Brand New Members
You can join in person when you next visit Bedgebury or ring us on the number above. It takes about 5 minutes. Alternatively you can send a cheque in the post (it takes about 10 days to process).