Membership gives you free admission at Bedgebury for a year for one of two specified cars. This provides its occupants FREE access to all the facilities at Bedgebury - including the Pinetum, the cycle trails and the children's play area.
In addition, the principal member gets FREE entry to Kew Gardens, Wakehurst Place*, All RHS gardens (weekdays only) including RHS Wisley, Westonbirt Arboretum, Borde Hill Gardens, The Living Rainforest Birmingham Botanic Gardens, Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh, and Kew at Castle Howard . Other family members** can also get this privilege for an additional £8.00 each.
The full benefits of being a member are listed below:
- Free annual admission to Bedgebury for one of two specified cars. This provides its occupants FREE access to all the facilities at Bedgebury - including the Pinetum, the cycle trails and the children's play area. Note: the principal member does not have to accompany them.
- Free entry to the aformentioned botanical gardens for the principle member.
- Free Friends Journal, which is published twice a year.
- A Free Discovery Pass - giving discounts on a wide range of goods and services. Click here to see a complete list of these discounts.
- Opportunities to volunteer, giving you the chance meet other people and gain valuable skills.
By joining the Friends of Bedgebury, you are not only accessing these benefits but helping to conserve and improve one of the world’s leading tree collections, as well as furthering our scientific understanding in general.
Gift Membership is also available for a friend or relative at the same price as standard membership.
For all of the above benefits, membership costs just £56.00 (additional members on your membership - so they can visit other botanic gardens with the principal member - increases by £8.00 per additional member).
How to Join or Renew
On site: You can join or renew in person when you next visit Bedgebury, it takes about 2 minutes - we accept cash, cheques and credit/debit cards (except American Express).
By phone: You can start your membership or renew immediately by calling 01580 879842, between 10 am and 4 pm any day of the week. You will need to have your credit/debit card and details of your car registration(s) if they have changed since your membership expired. However, if you have never been a member before and are a tax payer we ask that you come in to the office after joining/renewing so that you can sign the gift aid form - this simply means the charity receives the full benefit of your membership.
Online: As of 2014, you can join or renew online. Click here to start this quick and easy process.
*Car parking charges may apply.
**Children under 10 are usually allowed to accompany their parents for free in the reciprocal gardens, but we cannot guarantee this.