Leaving a legacy to the Friends will help to secure the future of the Pinetum and may help you avoid inheritance tax.
If you are thinking of revising your will, or making one for the first time, you could also help to secure the future growth and development of Bedgebury. A bequest to the Pinetum can help protect this unique and beautiful place, giving future generations the chance to enjoy its peace and tranquillity.
Why should I leave money to the Pinetum?
Bequests are an increasingly important source of income for all charities and the Friends are no exception. Because we are an independent charity, money left to the Friends can be used in ways that would not normally be sanctioned by the Treasury (via the Forestry Commission). Some of our recent projects have been
Research and Conservation
- Sending staff to China and Vietnam to study conifers in the field, collect seed and help with their conservation.
- Purchase and propagation of new species of conifers.
- Purchase of additional equipment and machinery for Pinetum staff.
- Meeting part of the travel costs for inner city schools to make educational visits to the Pinetum
- Providing educational equipment and resources.
- Helping to maintain the peace and tranquillity of the Pinetum.
- Providing tree information boards around the Pinetum.
- Providing easier access and facilities for the disabled.
Don’t let the Taxman get your money
Why making a will is important
How to leave a legacy to the Friends
Click here to download a sample PDF codicil to a will